Monday 4 November 2013

IM A NEWBIE!!!

HI FOLKS!!!.

I'm Ray-so..hmmm what about my bio...so..well
I began to draw since my childhood. I even don't remember those precious times but i'm pretty sure the one of the first drawings i never will forget is that of a machine to make apples i invented.

At puberty,like many of us, i was attracted to the opposite sex which ultimately drove me to the human figure which i was to discover is as complex as hell! 
I was fond of human figure-observational studies-collage, prints, painting..but back in time i was like a baby/kid. To be sincere, i didn't know how to draw correctly. I was around 15 or 16, i don't remember...
After 8yrs of learning Art and Design in a great Secondary School (XD - not a prestigious school but i loved all the time spent there), I was then forced into the real world..
Work, Spending, Work, Consume, Work, No Money, Work, Drunk, Work, i really thought i would never see this flickering light at the end of this dark tunnel.
So i decided to take a foundation course. The foundation Diploma in Art and Design. Ever heard of this? Yeah it's a real good course for beginners or less amateur artists and professionals... A foundation basic in drawing, painting, printmaking, designing, or sculpting, is an ideal first step to begin within the art sphere. It started and ended with a big fat one hell of a project (I didn't finished mine because of money, resources...and stuff) but I got a good grade still! XD!
After the foundation course, with my upgraded skills; i began to draw paint, illustrate, and interprete things differently. I've learned a lot thanks to inspired lecturers.

After the foundation course, i applied for jobs, which was way harder than i thought. Finding a job in a particuliar art field in Mauritius was a real pain in the ass but i didn't give up! Art teacher, illustrator, CAD technician or 3D Artist, and so on. It was a fucking rollercoaster ride.
Actually i'm a Draughtsman, for an interior design Company. It's not my dream job but I love it. I work 8hrs a day, rest and create on week ends. 

hmmm i'm really trying to tell more about myself... Yeah! I am fond of Bodypainting! XD!!
I discovered bodypainting last year! (the real bodypainting not the crappy stuff you see on TV or in shopping malls, with girls showing off their titties and guys their abs!) I gave it a try on myself with basic gears, and since i've been experimenting...and experimenting, and experimenting again.

My first influence is music! Cliché but actually yeah, it holds an enormous place within my life and influences every little thing i do. My second influence is the Human Being himself, and all the things that make him more or less human. Religion is also a rather big inspiration like music. Even if i'm an atheist...

I think it's time to end to this storytelling shitty bio. lol! So umm my works will be uploaded soon, and i hope that you will all appreciate it.

See ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment